Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16: End and Beginning

I'm at the end of one period of my working day, ready to launch into another.

The work at the office was unending.  Phone calls.  Schedulings.  More phone calls.  Faxes (yes, we still get faxes).  More schedulings.  I barely kept ahead of everything.  I finally stopped for lunch around 2 p.m.  In the time I took to eat a chicken sandwich, another pile of work showed up for me.  I prefer my Mondays to be a little more sedate, easing me into the work week.  This day was like a sharp blow to my temple with a hammer. 

Now the second part of my day begins:  church meetings.  Really, all I want to do is crawl into a big glass of...water when I get home and call it a night.  That won't be happening.  I'll be lucky if I'm home by nine o'clock this evening.  I'm really beat.  I hope I don't fall asleep in the middle of a meeting.  That would be bad. 

I had every intention of working on a new poem today.  Didn't happen.  I was also going to order my textbooks for the fall semester.  Didn't happen, either.  I had a lot of intentions today.  None of them are going to come to pass.

Saint Marty will be lucky if he remembers to brush his teeth before he goes to bed.
A typical Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment