Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4: Waiting Patiently, Watching "M*A*S*H"

I'm sitting in my living room at the moment.  My son is asleep.  In a couple of hours, I will wake him up and take him to the fireworks.  Hopefully, he won't be a complete crab.  No guarantees.  He surely didn't want to go to sleep.  He kept saying, "I go sleep ownee one minute.  Ownee one minute."

Now it looks like there's a huge thunderstorm rolling in.  That may mean that the fireworks will be cancelled.  Of course, I will probably be down at the park with my son by the time they decide to call things off.  My wife and daughter are probably going to get soaked.  They're already down at the park, waiting for us.

In the mean time, all I can do is watch reruns of M*A*S*H, which seems like an appropriate way to kill an hour or so on Independence Day night.  If you can't eat bratwurst and kettle corn, I guess Alan Alda will do.  I will curl up in my chair, waiting patiently.

Saint Marty can smell the rain in the air.

Just me and Alan Alda

No comments:

Post a Comment