Friday, September 14, 2012

September 14: Fluttered, Glowing, a Reprieve

He was so fluttered and so glowing with his good intentions, that his broken voice would scarcely answer to his call.  He had been sobbing violently in his conflict with the Spirit, and his face was wet with tears.

Scrooge at the end of his little night with the Ghosts of Christmas.  He is alive and full of the conviction to change his life.  He has been given a reprieve, and he intends to make good use of it.  He is a new person.

Last night, I was a little distressed, if you couldn't tell from my afternoon post.  I couldn't see beyond my problems, and I ended up in this whirlpool of worry and doubt.  It was not a good scene.  I said a few prayers, tried to hand my concerns over to God (not very successfully).  I was headed for a pretty rough night.

And then I got some news from my wife that changed things.  It was good news, a reprieve.  I can't describe the relief I experienced.  After a little while, I thought about, and I realized that my prayers had been answered.  God brings you right to the brink of complete panic, and then solves your problem.  He does that to me every once in a while, reminds me of who really is in control.  It certainly isn't me.

So, I'm like Scrooge this morning.  Renewed.  Relieved.  Rejuvenated.  I know I'm going to make it.

Saint Marty is very thankful for the blessings in his life.

I got the message

No comments:

Post a Comment