Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18: Royale with Cheese

I think it may be the weather, but everybody I'm around today is hungry.  Bottomless stomach hungry.  I, myself, am experiencing this phenomenon, as well.  I think that when the temperatures start to dip below the 40-degree range at night, us Yoopers (people who live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan) have this instinct to start eating.  It's in preparation for the upcoming winter months.  We're packing on the pounds to keep warm.  It's all about survival.

Of course, I'm probably simply justifying my consumption of not-so-healthy foods.  I find myself craving cheese products today.  Cheese sticks.  Cheesy broccoli soup.  I watched the first part of Pulp Fiction this afternoon with my film class, and, when Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta started talking about a Royale with Cheese from McDonald's, I got so hungry I could have eaten the textbook.  It's just one of those days.  Milky Ways.  Fritos.  Cheetos.  Baked potatoes.  Bacon.  Lucky Charms.  Vanilla Coke Zero.  Chicken Alfredo pizza.  I want it all.

But especially, Saint Marty wants a Royale with Cheese.

I want a bite of that mother fu#@er!


No comments:

Post a Comment