Thursday, September 20, 2012

September 20: Singin' In the Rain Finally

I was finally able to lay my hands on a copy of the movie Singin' in the Rain for my film class next week.  I thought about buying it, but I couldn't find a DVD for sale that was less than $80.  I was unwilling to spend that much money, so I decided to rent it.  The only place that had a copy of the DVD was the local library, and it has been checked out until today.  I now have Singin' in the Rain in my possession.  I will watch it this weekend to prepare for class next week.  I'm looking forward to seeing it.  The last time I recall watching it was when I was a kid.  A long time ago.

I haven't done a whole lot of anything but work and teach today.  I haven't even had a chance to think of more gifts for my birthday list.  I will therefore just present the next five items:

6.  Movie passes to GKC

7.  One-week trip to London

8.  Help, Thanks, Wow:  The Three Essential Prayers by Anne Lamott

9.  Axe body wash

10.  The Best American Poetry 2012 by David Lehman

So, there you go.  Five more items to purchase in honor of Saint Marty's Day.  I hope everyone is well on their way to preparing for the big day.  Only fifteen more shopping days left.

Don't be caught empty-handed on October 5.  You don't want to disappoint Saint Marty.

Time to do a little splasing

No comments:

Post a Comment