Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September 25: Cupcake Happiness

Well, I have one thing that's making me happy right now, and it has vanilla cake with strawberry frosting and red sprinkles.  That's right, I said cake and frosting and sprinkles.  I am in possession of a beautiful cupcake.  As soon as I am done writing this post, I will be digging into it.  My friend just came along and slipped her finger through my frosting, ticking me off a little bit.  I told her I was blogging about the cupcake, and she said, "Now you have something else to blog about."  I am surrounded by Philistines.  Neanderthals.  Frosting stealers.  I now have to guard my prize, like Merlin guarding Excalibur or Harry Potter guarding his wand.  (OK, the Harry Potter thing sounds a little perverse, but you get the message.  If anybody touches my cupcake, blood will be spilled.)

There is a pulse of anticipation running through me at the moment, not unlike the sensation of looking at a pile of presents on Christmas Eve.  I will not be able to hold back much longer before my face looks like a rocket attack at a bakery.  I can feel the urge building in my salivary glands as I sit here and type.  I've almost reached for the cupcake twice already during this very sentence.  I will not be able to restrain myself much longer.  I am a blogger in search of an ending.  A cupcake owner in search of a fork.

A Saint Marty in search of a...Oh, screw it.  Time for some cupcake.

R. I. P. cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment