Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6: Headed to the Polls

In less than an hour, I will be headed to the polls to vote for the next President of the United States.  It's always an exciting moment for me.  Ever since I voted in my first presidential election when I was 18 years old, I feel like I'm part of something very big.  For those few minutes I'm in the voting booth, my voice is important.  My voice is heard.

I'm not saying that I've always voted for the winning candidate.  In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I have voted for the winner of a presidential election.  But I have been counted, and that is a huge thing in this world.  Not very many other countries give their citizens the opportunity to select their leaders.  I get to do it every four years.  In a day or so, I will be able to say, "I chose that man as the leader of my country" or "I didn't vote for that idiot."

Either way, Saint Marty is grateful to exercise such freedom in his life.
I am a very lucky person

No comments:

Post a Comment