Saturday, December 15, 2012

December 15: It's A Wonderful Movie

Nothing can beat George Bailey
I'd like to conduct an informal survey about Christmas movies.  This time of year, I am usually watching yuletide films nightly with my wife and kids.  So far, we've watched Elf twice, A Christmas Story once, a few movie adaptations of A Christmas Carol, and various TV specials like Frosty the Snowman and A Charlie Brown Christmas.

The final movie I watched with my Intro to Film class at the university is, in my opinion, the best Christmas movie ever made.  It's inspiring.  It makes me cry.  It stars Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed.  That's right.  I'm talking about Frank Capra's It's a Wonderful Life.  My students loved it.

My informal survey is simple.  If you read this post, leave a message for me, telling me what you think the best Christmas movie ever made is.  You may be a White Christmas fan.  You may have a soft spot for National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  I myself could make a case for the French movie Joyeux Noel.  The title is up for grabs.  There may be a movie I haven't even considered.  For instance, the film Gremlins is set during the Christmas season.

Drop Saint Marty a line.  Let him know what Christmas movie warms your chestnuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment