Thursday, February 21, 2013

February 21: Naked Truth

Yes, I am going to cater to the prurient disciples of blogs again with my title.  I've noticed a definite increase in pageviews for my afternoon/evening posts since I've been using words like "raw" and "naked" and "blow."  As I've said many times before, I am not above playing dirty to get readers.  Anything that will get me the Blog of Note recognition from the people at Blogger.

I actually have to teach this afternoon.  It will be the first time I've stepped into a classroom since Monday.  It's going to be an easy day.  I'm giving a quiz, and I'm screening Singin' in the Rain.  If I get done early with that film, I've also got 2001:  A Space Odyssey to begin.  That's it.

The naked truth of this day is that I'm ready for it to be over.  Tonight at church, I have to play a mini-concert with Underground Praise, my band.  I'm a little anxious about the gig.  I'm not sure who's going to show up to listen.  I'm not sure who's going to show up to play (besides myself and our lead singer/guitar player).  I don't even know what I'm going to play.  I will eventually go home and relax, after 8 p.m.  That's about an 18-hour day.

If Saint Marty's tired now, he's going to be freakin' exhausted in a little while.

This is as naked as the truth gets

No comments:

Post a Comment