Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11: Hunger Games

When the snow is flying and the wind is howling, I want to do one thing:  eat.  A lot.  I've been playing these hunger games all day long.  I have pretty much finished off a sleeve of Girl Scout cookies.  I popped some popcorn in the microwave.  Cheddar cheese sticks.  A can of Diet Mountain Dew.  I even ate a Take 5 Bar I'd been saving for a snowy day.  And I'm still hungry.

I'm convinced it's the weather that turns me into the human equivalent of a shrew, eating 80 to 90% of my body weight in food daily.  There's something about the cold and snow and ice that makes me want to insulate myself.  I don't exercise during the winter like I do in the summer.  I hate winter running.  It simply makes me want to eat even more, to stave off the cold in my appendages.

I still have some Girl Scout cookies left.  I'm fighting the urge to open another box of lemon cremes.  I'm losing the battle.

Perhaps Saint Marty needs to hibernate, October through May.  Either that or buy more cookies.

Now, if I only had some chocolate milk to wash these down...

No comments:

Post a Comment