Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 24: Final Exam and Chocolate

Today is the last day of one of my Intro to Film classes.  My students will be taking the in-class portion of their final exam in about an hour.  I've prepared them for it.  Nothing should come as a surprise.  I'm not one of these instructors who purposely puts difficult questions on an exam in order to trick students.  I prefer my students to succeed rather than fail (although, every semester, there are one of two students who, despite my best efforts, succeed in failing).

Usually, I hand out chocolate to my students on the last day.  I forgot to get chocolate, and it's too late to hit the store.  Therefore, I'm relying simply on my students' good will for positive course evaluations.  I haven't done that for a long time.  Chocolate has given me good scores for many a year.  Perhaps I can sneak out to Shopko on my way to class.  Pick up a few bags of Snickers or Milky Ways.  I know, I know.  I'm pathetic.

While my students are taking the final exams, I will be editing my poetry manuscript.  I have quite a bit of time to kill, and I have a few serious revisions to work on.  I only get one shot at this chapbook competition.  I really want to put forth my best efforts.

Saint Marty needs some luck.  And a bag of candy bars.

This kid has had some chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment