Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 9: Summer Schedule

Well, I have been working with the same weekly line-up of posts since January.  Some of the posts have been pretty popular (Rye Dip Monday, Poem of the Week Friday).  Other posts have suffered poor ratings and readership (Saint of the Week Tuesday, Blessing Thursday).  The time has come for me, as head of the SMN (Saint Marty Network), to make some decisions about summer programming.  I mean, on TV, American Idol is coming to an end, and America's Got Talent is gearing up.

I'm not sure what I'm going to change.  I will continue with The Catcher in the Rye.  That is a year-long commitment.  However, I'm pretty much open to any other shift.  Perhaps Saint of the Week Tuesday will take a break for the summer, and I'll replace it with Poet/Writer of the Week.  Or maybe I'll try something like Prayer of the Week Tuesday.  As I said, everything is up in the air.  I may even suspend some of the more popular posts, like Poem of the Week Friday.

I've thought about posting some reruns:  some of my favorite older posts that deserve to be dusted off and re-posted.  I like that idea.  I mean, after all, The Sound of Music and It's A Wonderful Life are aired once a year.  I've written over 1300 posts.  There have got to be one or two that are worth repeating.

I may also scale back my posting output to once a day to allow me to work on a few other writing projects over the summer.  No, I'm not getting lazy.  I just have a couple manuscripts that need attention, and the summer months are much less labor-intensive for me, job-wise.

I put it out there to my disciples.  Give me suggestions of what you want to continue to read during the summer, what you want to see canceled permanently, and what you want to see added to the weekly line-up.  Don't wait forever, however.  I will be finalizing the schedule by next week Monday.

Saint Marty needs to know what you like and hate:
  1. Rye Dip Monday
  2. Saint of the Week Tuesday
  3. Worry Wednesday
  4. Blessing Thursday
  5. P.O.E.T.S. Day Poem of the Week Friday
  6. Good Reads Saturday
  7. My Favorite Things Sunday
Even Oprah canceled Rosie O'Donnell



No comments:

Post a Comment