Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17: Early Departure, Other Work, Meetings

Because of my early departure from work this morning (not by choice), I have been able to accomplish many tasks this morning.  This post is my second of the day, and I haven't even had lunch yet.  I've also written and responded to quite a few university e-mails, and I composed a letter to the Dean of Arts and Sciences at the university.  And it's only 12:30 p.m.

It's amazing what an overload of tense, manic energy does for my work output.  After I'm done typing this post, I'm going to work on a new poem and try to finish a memoir I've been reading.  While I'm at it, I may solve world hunger and the crisis in Syria, if I have a few extra minutes.

I been avoiding going home.  If I go home this early in the day, I feel like I'm not really doing my job as the provider of the family.  Granted, I'm not really earning any money sitting in my office at the university and blogging, either.  However, I'm being productive in some way.

Tonight, I have church meetings to attend/chair.  It's my normal, monthly dog-and-pony worship show where I lay out my vision for the future.  On this cool June night, we will be discussing plans for Christmas, among other things.  At the moment, I'm not feeling very holly or jolly, but I'm going to work up some yuletide cheer.

In the mean time, I've got a great idea for a poem.  Well, it's a mediocre idea.  OK, it's just a fleeting thought.

Cut Saint Marty some slack.  Cheese Louise!

And for my next trick...

No comments:

Post a Comment