Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June 5: Waiting in Line

In about 40 minutes, I have to head over to my daughter's dance studio to get in line to buy tickets for her dance recital this weekend.  It's one of my least favorite things to do in the dance year.  The people in line are usually rude and impatient.  They get ticked if you take more than two minutes to conduct your business.

This year, I'm buying tickets not only for myself, but also for two friends.  It's going to take me a while to get all the tickets I need.  Plus, I get really anxious if I'm not the first in line.  It's my obsessive-compulsive side.  I'm going to try to remain calm.  I'll take a book with me to read while I'm waiting.

Frankly, I'm hoping that, because I'm there an hour early, the person selling the tickets will take pity on me and let me get what I need.  It depends on who the ticket Nazi  is today.

Saint Marty hopes she's a nice, friendly Nazi.

Can I get ten tickets for Saturday, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment