Friday, July 12, 2013

July 12: Race Tomorrow

Yes, this post is my fourth of the night.  I'm making up for lost time.  I don't have a lot more to say this evening.  I'm running in a race tomorrow morning early, and I'm not sure my legs are ready for it.  When I ran yesterday, they felt like they were full of concrete.  It was difficult to even lift them.

I'm hoping tomorrow morning is a little easier.  I didn't run today.  I wanted to give myself a break, maybe allow my legs to recuperate.  We'll see how things turn out.  It's going to be really hot and humid, and my daughter is going to whine through the entire race.

I'm going to finish those two miles.  I'll probably do it in a little less than 25 minutes.  I won't win any medals, but that's not why I'm doing it.  I'm doing it because it's what I do every year.  It's part of my life.

Sameness. Constancy.  Try it out sometimes.  You might like it.

Saint Marty needs to get to bed.

On your mark, get set...

No comments:

Post a Comment