Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 13 Make-Up: A Race and a New Cartoon

"Who won the game?" I said.

Holden is not a sports guy.  He played tennis and golf with Jane.  He doesn't really care who won the football game when he asks Stradlater the above question.  He's simply trying to find out what Stradlater is up to.

I'm not a sports guy, either.  I don't watch football.  Could care less whether the Tigers are winning or losing.  Don't ask me about the Red Wings.  I do know they didn't win the Stanley Cup this year.

This post is about the race I ran yesterday morning with my family.  I pushed my son in a stroller, and my daughter ran next to us.  My wife walked the two miles course.  It was a cool morning.  There was a nice breeze, and the sun was battling the cloud cover.  It was perfect running weather.

Well, my son took first place in his age group.  My daughter placed third in her age group.  And I took second.  My wife finished the race, and I was really proud of her for doing it.  My daughter was a little whiny during the run, but she sure liked strutting around with that medal around her neck.

I have a new cartoon for you today.  I'm still working on my new poem.  I promise it will be coming in the next couple of days.

Saint Marty has had a really busy weekend.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment