Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 23: Not Feelin' It

Tomorrow, I got back to my old routine.  Old work.  Old worries.

It's going to be difficult.  For a couple of days, I was important, or, at least, I felt important.  I was a poet.  I was an artist.

I'm trying to work up some enthusiasm for tomorrow.  I'm not feelin' it, though.  In fact, what I'm feelin' is a shitty attitude coming on.  Of course, I will plaster a stupid smile on my face.  I will be nice to everyone I encounter.  As a therapist friend advises me, I will "fake it 'til I make it."  And, if I don't make it, I'll fake it until the end of the day.  Then I'll go home, look at myself in the mirror, and say, "I'm smart.  I'm talented.  And, doggone it, people like me."

Saint Marty hopes he doesn't have to fake it too much.

Yup, I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment