Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29: Disgusting Food

Right now, my wife is sitting next to me, eating hot dogs with mustard.

I don't mind hot dogs.  Usually, I don't mind mustard or ketchup or any of that crap.  Tonight, my stomach is climbing into my throat.  I'm like physically ill.  Each time I take a breath, I can taste that food in my mouth.

I have this weird condition.  Sometimes, when I'm sitting next to my wife and she's eating or drinking, I can't stand the sounds she makes.  I saw a news report about people who have the same problem, and there's a medical name for it.  It's not anybody's eating that bothers me, either.  It's certain people.  My wife.  Sometimes, my sisters.  It's the people to whom I'm closest.

I'm not proud of myself when these feelings overcome me.  In fact, I'm filled with guilt.  I know it's irrational and stupid.  But I can't help myself.

Saint Marty needs to step outside for some fresh air and silence.

Please don't sit next to me with this

No comments:

Post a Comment