Thursday, August 1, 2013

August 1: First Night of Vacation

As of 5 p.m. this evening, I am on vacation.  For eleven days, I do not have to drag myself out of bed at 4 a.m., drag myself to the medical office, drag myself through a day of work, and then, at 5 p.m., drag myself home.

I have a few obligations next week.  On Monday, I have to travel to exotic Rudyard and Paradise for a pair of poetry readings.  Then, next Friday, I have a book signing at a bookstore in Marquette.  In between Monday and Friday, I'm taking my family to a hotel and water park for a couple of days.

Usually, I don't like taking long car trips when I'm on vacation.  I hate car trips.  I have a feeling that, by next Friday night, I'm going to be pretty tired.  And broke.

Tonight, however, I'm going to pretend to be a man of leisure, with not a worry in the world.

Saint Marty needs to find his silk pajamas.

See you on the beach in Paradise...

No comments:

Post a Comment