Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19: Changing Seasons, Accepting Change, Magic 8-Ball Monday

At work today (my first day without my friend/coworker), I changed some things.  Last week, while I was walking around all depressed about my coworker's impending exit, people kept telling me things like, "Change can be good.  You don't know what's going to happen.  You need to accept change."

Well, I took down all the summer decorations in the medical office.  All the American flags, all the red-white-and-blue lamps and baskets, are gone.  And then I put up pumpkins, scarecrows, baskets of corn, cornucopias.  I plastered the place with silk yellow, orange, and red maple leaves.  When I was done, I stood back and felt really good.

I'm sure, tomorrow morning, when the other employees of the surgery center show up (the nurses and surgical techs and nurse anesthetists), there's going to be a whole lot of whining:  "Summer's not over yet.  You shouldn't have changed things until after Labor Day.  It's too early."

I'm going to smile at every person who says something like that to me, and I'm going to reply, "Change is good.  You don't know what's going to happen.  You need to accept change."

Yes, that may be a little passive aggressive, but I'm OK with that.

My question for Holden Caulfield and company today deals with change:

Will my medical office job suck because of this current change/reduction of staff?

And the answer from Catcher is:

If you want to know the truth, I don't even know why I started all that stuff with her.  I mean about going away somewhere, to Massachusetts and Vermont and all...

Yes, I want to know the truth, but that quote is the equivalent of the Magic 8-Ball answer, "Difficult to see."  It's a non-answer.  Oh, well.

Maybe Saint Marty will ask again next Monday.

Maybe I'll put up some snowmen next week

No comments:

Post a Comment