Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14: Wedding Anniversary, 18 Years, Magic 8-Ball

Today, my wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary.  Eighteen years.  It's hard to believe we've been married that long.  Those of you who've been reading this blog a while know some of those years weren't all rose gardens and Godiva chocolates.  We've dealt with some pretty serious problems.  Mental illness. Addiction.  A year of separation.

When two people enter into a marriage, it really is for better or worse.  My wife and I have had our share of worse, but we've had a whole lot of better, as well.  We have two beautiful kids who we love, for better or worse, too.  Mostly better.  Struggles are part of life.  I admit that I let struggles sometimes overwhelm me.  I'm working on that.

Today, my focus was not the struggle.  Today, I celebrated 18 years of love and family.

My question today for Holden is...

Will my wife and I have happiness and prosperity in the upcoming year?

And the answer is...

The show wasn't as bad as some I've seen.  It was on the crappy side, though.  It was about five hundred thousand years in the life of this one old couple.

Alright, that's not completely negative.  On the crappy side, but still all about love for about five hundred thousand years.

Saint Marty will take that.

Happy anniversary, my love

No comments:

Post a Comment