Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October 2: Therapy Appointment Tomorrow

Tomorrow evening, I have a meeting with my counselor.  She and I are going to talk about my finances.  I'm not looking forward to the conversation.  My wife and I figured out an informal monthly budget--income versus expenditures.  Turns out, informally, I make only about ten dollars more than I spend every month.  That little revelation depressed me quite a bit.

Don't get me wrong.  I love my counselor.  She's been a very good friend of mine for years, and I always leave her office feeling just a little bit better about myself, maybe even hopeful.  That's a pretty good thing.  I could use a little hope in my life.

I can't even sell my plasma for extra money.  I'm an insulin-pump diabetic.  They won't take it.  Something to do with messing up my blood sugar levels and causing health problems.  Whatever.  I could really use that extra $50.

There is no magic solution to these issues.  I know that.  My counselor is probably going to look at the little budget I worked up and ask, "Now, what can you do without?"  At the moment, my answer would be TV, phone, internet, heat, electricity, water, food, and medications.  Basically, I surrender.

I've been banging my head against the wall for weeks, trying to figure out another way to bring in some extra income.  I haven't come up with any legal options.  I could go all Breaking Bad and start cooking meth.

However, Saint Marty hated chemistry in high school.

This would not be a good look for me

No comments:

Post a Comment