Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October 30: Pneumonia and Died, Low Blood Sugar, Ambulance

I started thinking how old Phoebe would feel if I got pneumonia and died.  It was a childish way to think, but I couldn't stop myself...

 Holden does get very sick in Catcher, but he doesn't die.  He ends up in a hospital, recuperating, but his condition doesn't have a whole lot to do with pneumonia.  He's depressed to the point of a nervous breakdown.

Stress can do a lot of things to a person.  For Holden, it unhinges him.  All his pent-up fear and sadness comes spilling out at the end of the book.  Last night, stress got the best of me.  I went to bed, fell asleep, and woke up with EMS guys in my bedroom.  My blood sugar was eleven, and I was having seizures.

I don't know why it happened.  I tested my blood sugar and ate a snack before I went to bed.  I remember being really tired when I climbed under the covers.  So tired I couldn't keep my eyes open.  And then, I'm having some weird dream where my arm is being stretched out by dark, shadowy figures.  I remember strange, deep voices, too.  And then I woke up with an IV in my arm.

Because of my close encounter of the ambulance kind this morning, I've been tired and achy all day long.  I want to go to bed and stay there for about a week.

Pneumonia is sounding pretty good to Saint Marty right now.

Been there, done this...

No comments:

Post a Comment