Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11: Daughter's Ear Gets a Stay of Execution

We took our daughter to the surgeon this morning, fully expecting him to break out the scalpel and sutures.  It didn't happen.  Today's appointment was just a pre-op thing.  Her actual surgery is now officially scheduled for January 3, 2014.

My daughter was not too happy when she found out she had to go to school this afternoon.  She sat down on the floor in the hallway of the medical center and said, "I'm not going."

I thought for a second, and then I said, "Your choice is to go to school this afternoon, or stay home.  I will call the school and tell the office that your absence is unexcused.  They you'll end up in detention."  I paused.  "What's your choice?"

My daughter went back to school.

And Saint Marty is the worst father in the world.

At least I'm good at something

No comments:

Post a Comment