Saturday, November 16, 2013

November 16: Composition Writer, Working Hard, New Cartoon

"What was the trouble?" Mr. Antolini asked me.  "How'd you do in English?  I'll show you the door in short order if you flunked English, you little ace composition writer."

Mr. Antolini is one of Holden's former English instructors.  He's quite close to the entire Caulfield clan.  He knows Holden's older brother, D. B., and he has lunch with Holden's father every once in a while.  He also seems to have a unnatural affection for Holden, himself.

As I've said before, writing seems to be in Holden's blood.  The only subject he isn't flunking at Pencey Prep is English.  As the saying goes, he's a natural.  He doesn't have to work hard at being good.  I suppose that's why I've always had a soft spot for Catcher.  When I was younger, I fancied myself a long-lost Caulfield.  As Mr. Antolini says, I've always been a "little ace composition writer."

I've spent the whole day working hard on my Christmas essay.  My brain is a little tired at the moment.  I don't have anything profound or witty to say.  I'm hoping to finish the essay tomorrow, and then I will be back to my normal blogging schedule.

In the mean time, I have a new cartoon for you guys tonight.

Saint Marty Caulfied is brain dead.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment