Friday, November 8, 2013

November 8: Some Bad News

My wife just started working as a medical transcriptionist a month or so ago.  Tonight, she found out that the doctor she'd been transcribing ended his contract with the transcription service.  Translation:  no transcription = no job = no paycheck.

Basically, we're back to square one again, which is $200 short a month with winter coming on very quickly.  That means higher heating bills, snow plowing, and Christmas.  I can hope that global warming really kicks in.  That would at least save on the natural gas bills and the snow removal.  I don't think there's a chance of Christmas being postponed.

Funny thing is, I'm not panicking.  I can't panic.  If I give into the worry and desperation, I might as well go to bed and stay there until 2014, 'cuz 2013 pretty much sucked the big one.  I am totally ready for this year to be over.  Give me a cheap bottle of wine and a plastic horn, and I'll start singing "Auld Lang Syne."

I'm not sure what lesson I'm supposed to learn from this latest piece of bad news.  I pretty much have the "Let go, let God" thing down.  I've had to do that since the beginning of June, when my working hours at the hospital were cut.  I'm going to have to do the same tonight.

It's all Yours, God.  Saint Marty's sitting this one out.

Bring down the ball and pass the bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment