Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9: Late, Grading, Magic 8-Ball

It's quite late.  I got home about an hour-and-a-half ago.  I've been trying to work up the energy for doing this post.  I haven't been very successful.

I've been grading exams all day long.  I finished around 8:30 tonight.  All that's left to do is the math.  I think that why I'm so beat.  My mind has been doing overtime all day long.

I was talking to my office mate at the university this evening.  We were talking about the choices we've both made in our lives.  We're both parents of two kids.  Her sons are the same ages as my daughter and son.  And we're both contingent faculty at the university. That means neither of us can afford to get our kids anything for Christmas without going into debt.  Basically, we discussed the bad career choices we've made.  Teaching part-time at a university doesn't put a whole lot of food on the table.

That's are really good Magic 8-Ball question:

Am I an idiot for teaching part-time at the college?

And Holden's answer is:

"Well, no, not exactly.but I can usually get them on account of my heighth," I said...

So, Saint Marty is "not exactly" an idiot.  That's sort of like being "kind of" pregnant, isn't it?

I really am sleepy

No comments:

Post a Comment