Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 14: Hard Work, the Office, Tired Prayer

"Luck had nothing to do with this," said the goose.  "It was good management and hard work."

The goose is boasting.  Her eggs have just hatched after four weeks.  Seven goslings.  Charlotte remarks on the lucky number seven, and the goose is highly offended.  She doesn't believe in luck.  She believes in "good management and hard work."  She sounds like a motivational speaker at a Stephen R. Covey convention.


I went back to work this morning.  It was hard.  When the alarm went off at 4 a.m., I felt like I'd been hit in the head with a hammer.  The office was a mess. Piles of papers.  Hours of drudgery.  I started at 5 a.m. and, by 3:30 p.m., I still wasn't done.  I am exhausted.

I have one prayer for tonight:

Dear God,

Help me make it through another day.  Let me work well.  Teach well.  Love my family well.

Your loving servant,

Saint Marty

Hard work pays off

No comments:

Post a Comment