Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 15: Channel Surfing

Well, I cleaned my house this evening after I got my son in bed.  Usually, I clean the bathroom and vacuum on Friday mornings.  However, I have an English Department meeting this Friday.  So, I had to get 'er done tonight.

When I finally sat down on the couch, I grabbed the TV remote, intending to do some channel surfing.  Generally, I don't watch too much television at night.  If I have time, I prefer to watch a DVD or listen to music.  Or read.  Tonight, however, I didn't want to think or expend any mental energy.  I started flipping through the stations.  And then I came upon the Fox Network.  American Idol.  And I stopped.

Yes, I love American Idol.  I've loved it in all its incarnations.  All the judges.  Even Nicki Minaj.  It's not something of which I'm proud, but I own my character defects.  Plus, Jennifer Lopez is back.  C'mon.  What's not to love?

So, you'll excuse Saint Marty.  He's got some Idol to watch.

Eat your heart out, Simon Cowell

No comments:

Post a Comment