Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 7: Will It Ever End?

My children will be off from school yet again tomorrow.  The wind chills are predicted to be close to 35 below zero, and they don't want to have frozen tots at the bus stops.  This is the Christmas break that never ends.

Of course, my daughter and son are overjoyed.  They have no idea that they're very close to being characters in Stephen King's The Shining.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  The only thing that's missing is the hedge maze and a sledgehammer.

I have to get some things accomplished tomorrow.  I have a meeting at 11 a.m. at church to discuss with the pastor (what else?) my lack of employment and bitter disappointment.  I have to get my Intro to Film syllabus updated for next Monday.  I have to finalize the details of the poetry workshop I'm teaching for the local community schools (also starting next Monday).  And I have to deliver a few late Christmas presents to some friends.

I may also try to solve world hunger, if I have a few extra minutes.

All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.

Yup, I get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment