Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 9: Sleepwalking Son

My son has gotten into the habit of walking in his sleep.  For the past few nights, he's come clumping out of his bedroom, eyes nearly closed, talking complete and total gibberish.  Tonight, it was about a bad dream he'd had.  Last night, he was saying something about the noise waking him up.

I used to be a sleepwalker as a kid.  I did a lot of embarrassing things in my sleep.  One memorable night, I fell asleep in the middle of the living room floor, got up, and stripped naked in front of most of my family and a guest.  Another time, I woke up on the toilet, my legs so numb I couldn't stand up.  I never did anything dangerous.  I confined my sleep activities indoors.

Knowing my son, I'll probably wake up one morning and find him outside, trying to start my car in his sleep.  Or in the kitchen, making himself some Ramen noodles.  Hopefully, he'll keep his clothes on.

Saint Marty hasn't stripped naked in his sleep for quite a while.  It's too damn cold.

I never got this bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment