Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 12: Gratitude Number Eight

I am grateful for hope tonight.

I woke up this morning feeling tired again.  The same exhaustion I've felt all week.  And then something changed.

Even though it was colder today (it didn't even crack double digits), I think I thawed a little bit.  It has something to do with the fact that I took a little control of my life.  I decided to apply for a job outside the hospital.  I contacted people about the job.  Got some answers.  Gained some hope.

Yes, the chance of getting this job is slim.  But there is a chance.  I'm tired of letting things happen to me.  Rolling over and taking it.  Instead, I want to make some choices for myself.  I don't want to get stuck between a rock and a hard place, if you'll excuse the cliche.  I'd rather get stuck between a Godiva and Lindt truffle.

That's more to Saint Marty's liking.

Choices I don't mind making

No comments:

Post a Comment