Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17: Saint Patrick's Day News, Interview, "Web" Dip

Well, Saint Patrick's Day started out with a bang this morning.  I received a call from my manager at the medical office when I got to work.  She told me that I am required to take four hours of lost time per pay period, starting today.  If that doesn't make sense, let me translate it for you:  I'm going to be losing four more hours every paycheck.

I was sort of expecting the news, but that didn't make it any easier to hear.  I am so tired of having conversations that start out, "Well, I have some bad news for you..."  Just once, I want someone to start out a conversation with, "I have some milk and cookies for you" or "I have some cash for you to spend any way you like."  That would be really nice.

I can't even stress about this new development.  It's like having a paper cut on top of a blister.  It's all painful.

Other news:  I received a phone call for a job interview.  It's for another department within the hospital.  I posted for the position last week, so that's a pretty quick turnaround.  Either my application was really, really impressive, or the department is really, really desperate.  Whatever the reason, I have to dust off my interviewing skills.  I haven't had to do this in close to 20 years.

My wife told me, "Don't think of it as a make-or-break interview.  Think of it as practice."

That didn't help too much.

My question for Wilbur and friends today is:

Am I going to do well at this job interview?

And the answer from the good book of Web is:

"Oh, it's coming all right," she said lightly.  "The plan is still in its early stages and hasn't completely shaped up yet, but I'm working on it."

I don't know how to interpret that answer.  Charlotte is talking about her plan to save Wilbur's life.  She doesn't sound completely sure, but she does communicate a certain confidence that everything's going to turn out for the best.

Saint Marty's going to have to be satisfied that.

No milk and cookies for me today...

No comments:

Post a Comment