Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 6: Gratitude Number Two

I have to be honest here.  I'm having trouble with gratitude this evening.  Didn't have a great day at work.  I spent a good portion of my time thinking about all the change that's coming my way.  Change doesn't elicit gratitude from me.  More like dread.  There's way too many unknowns in my life right now, and I'm not enjoying it very much.

But, back to gratitude.  When I got outside after work, it felt like a spring day.  The sun was shining, and there was a wind blowing.  However, it wasn't one of those arctic blasts that have been the norm for the past three months.  No, it was a pretty warm wind, and it smelled like melt.  Slush.  Mud even.  I actually took my time walking to my vehicle so that I could enjoy that small reminder of the green months to come.

I am grateful for those few moments today.  Sunshine.  Wind.  The promise of spring and summer.

That's all Saint Marty's got today.  The hope of something better.

The promise of something beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment