Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 15: Don't Deserve It, Fire, Prayer for a Family

"Why did you do all this for me?" [Wilbur] asked.  "I don't deserve it.  I've never done anything for you."

Wilbur doesn't feel he deserves Charlotte's friendship and help.  In his mind, all he's done is take from her and not given anything back in return.  The little pig doesn't recognize the power of loyalty and camaraderie and friendship.

I understand that mentality.  I don't often feel I do much to deserve people's good will.  For some reason, a lot of people seem to think friendship needs to be earned by some act of kindness or generosity.  That's a load of crap, obviously.  Friendship is something purely and freely given.

At my daughter's school, there's a family who recently suffered a tremendous loss.  Their entire home was destroyed by a fire.  They lost everything.  The school has held many fundraisers.  Hat day, for instance, where students contribute a dollar to wear their hats all day long.  The family has kids in elementary, middle, and high school.

I'm asking you to pray for this family.  They really do deserve it.  Pray that they can rebuild their home and lives.

Saint Marty's kids already wore their hats to school last Friday, and they were surrounded by an ocean of caps, beanies, Stormy Kromers, and helmets.

I'd pay a buck to wear this...

No comments:

Post a Comment