Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 2: Gratitude Twenty-Nine

I am grateful for a new job tonight.

Yes, I received a phone call yesterday from the human resources department at the hospital, offering me one of the positions for which I'd interviewed.  It was a relief, since, that very morning, I was contemplating things like unemployment and food stamps and foreclosures.

This afternoon, I called human resources back and accepted the position.  I didn't really have much choice.  My wife recited the serenity prayer to me this evening.  It's about accepting powerlessness in some situations and taking control in others.  God's in charge and blah, blah, blah.  Yeah, I get it.

I have a new job.  I have to leave my old job.  I accept those things.  Can't change them.

Therefore, Saint Marty is grateful.

Don't study poetry, either

No comments:

Post a Comment