Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 24: Cow Manure, Tired, Book Club

Tired from his romp, Wilbur lay down in the clean straw.  He closed his eyes.  The straw seemed scratchy--not as comfortable as the cow manure, which was always delightfully soft to lie in.  So he pushed the straw to one side and stretched out in the manure...

I am tired tonight.  My book club left a little over two hours ago.  It was a good meeting.  Everybody showed up, and we had lots of food.  Chicken wings.  Ice cream cupcakes.  Taco salad.  Chicken divan.  Hummus.  Enchiladas.

Everyone loved the book.  It was David Rakoff's Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish.  And then we picked out books for the rest of the summer.  I must say that I'm not offended by any of the choices.  Of course, I was just one vote among a quorum of eight.  Therefore, in July, we are reading Fannie Flagg's new novel, The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion.  Personally, I don't understand Flagg's penchant for titling her books like sentences in bad freshman compositions.  However, in the spirit of democracy, I bow to the will of the people.

It's been a very long day.

Saint Marty is ready to hit the cow manure.

Even if they like Fannie Flagg

No comments:

Post a Comment