Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28: Grading Exams, Mushy Brain, "Web" Dip

I have been grading Introduction to Film exams all afternoon.  I have completed one section, and I have another section to go.  My brain is a little mushy at the moment.  I needed to take a little break, so I decided to blog for a while.

My mood has improved from yesterday slightly.  Very slightly.  I have a grading headache, probably compounded somewhat by my new glasses.  I finally bit the bullet and purchased bifocals.  It's amazing how much clearer the laptop screen is.  Not to mention the fact that I haven't been playing glasses-on/glasses-off all day.  I can actually read without lifting the page to the end of my nose.

In a couple weeks, I begin my new job.  The hours are going to be like 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.  A normal schedule.  That may sound appealing to some of you, but it doesn't to me.  I like flexibility in my days, and there ain't gonna be much flexibility to go 'round from now on.

Which brings me to my Web dip question for today:

Am I going to like my new job?

And the answer from E. B. White is:

The crickets sang in the grasses.  They sang the song of summer's ending, a sad, monotonous song.  "Summer is over and gone," they sang.  "Over and gone, over and gone.  Summer is dying, dying."

Well, that answer did nothing to improve Saint Marty's state of mind.

Do you like my new glasses?


No comments:

Post a Comment