Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9: Another Day, Another "Web" Dip

Back to the grind this morning.  After watching the Tony Awards last night, getting to bed even later than usual, I had to drag myself out of bed when the alarm sounded.  The only thing that got me through the day was 52 ounces of Diet Mountain Dew and a sense of humor.

My sense of humor, unfortunately, has abandoned me tonight.  I have four more days of work left until Friday, and my daughter's dance recital is this weekend.  That means a lot of rehearsals and a lot of time spent in dark auditoriums.  No matter how you cut it, my life is not going to be my own for the next seven days.

Don't get me wrong.  I love watching my daughter do something she loves.  It's just a lot of driving and waiting.  And waiting.  And waiting.  I will make good use of my time.  I still have to finish writing my Father's Day poem.  There's not a lot of downtime at my new job, so, after I'm done blogging this evening, I will be poeming this evening.  Yes, I know "poeming" is not an actual verb, but it gets my point across.

I need to find some inspiration.

And so, dear disciples, my question this Web dip Monday is--

Will I find my muse tonight?

And, Wilbur (the pig, not the character from Mr. Ed) says--

...The rat crawled in and ate everything.  The he tore a word out of the paper, rolled it up, and started back to Wilbur's pen.

 Well, say what you want about Templeton the rat, but he does bring inspiration to Charlotte.  I believe his two contributions to the webs are "radiant" and "humble."  Templeton is a muse.

Saint Marty just hopes his muse doesn't come with bubonic plague and a tail.

Can you spare a poem?

No comments:

Post a Comment