Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 28: Seven Days to Go, Classic Saint Marty, New Cartoon

Welcome to Sunday night.  It has been a great weekend.  The weather has been perfect.  Near 80 degrees, no rain.  I actually went for a run yesterday and today.  I haven't been able to do that for almost two months because of an injury.

Tonight, I'm going to be decorating our Saint Marty's Day tree with my family.  After all, Saint Marty's Day is only a week away.  Next Sunday, to be precise.  I may even bake some Saint Marty's Day cookies and drink some Saint Marty's Day nog.  I've been listening to Saint Marty's Day carols for the last couple weeks.  My favorite is Bing Crosby crooning "White Saint Marty's Day."

Today's episode of Classic Saint Marty first aired almost two years ago.  It puts me in the Saint Marty's Day spirit.

October 5, 2012:  Saint Marty's Day Around the World

The day everyone has been waiting for has arrived!  Happy Saint Marty's Day to everyone.  I thought I'd take some time this morning to share some photos that show how the world is celebrating this annual holiday.

First, Saint Marty's Day in Rio...


Gotta love those costumes!  Viva Saint Marty's Day!

Next, Saint Marty's Day in Germany...


Break out the tubas!

Next, Saint Marty's Day in London...


Her Majesty says, "We are very pleased to extend our Saint Marty's Day greetings to the world.  Now, if our grandson Harry would please put his clothes back on!"

Saint Marty's Day at the Vatican...



Pope Benedict has been heard to say, "Oh, I miss dose Sankt Marty Days in Germany.  Oompah!"

In Beijing, the Chinese people go all out...


Gotta love those fireworks and dragons!

How about Russia...


They even put a party hat on Lenin's body in Red Square.

And, a little closer to home, in New Orleans...


Keep those shirts on, ladies!

And, last but not least, the Saint Marty's Day tree at Rockefeller Center...


Saint Marty wishes everyone a blessed and holy Saint Marty's Day.  As Tiny Tim would say, "God bless us.  Everyone!"

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment