Saturday, October 11, 2014

October 10: The Brook, Indoor Waterpark, Taylor Fairy Tale

One warm afternoon, Fern and Avery put on bathing suits and went down to the brook for a swim.  Wilbur tagged along at Fern's heels.  When she waded into the brook, Wilbur waded in with her.  He found the water quite cold--too cold for his liking.  So while the children swam and played and splashed water at each other, Wilbur amused himself in the mud along the edge of the brook, where it was warm and moist and delightfully sticky and oozy.

Fern and Avery have a good day at the brook, doing what brothers and sisters normally do when they go swimming.  They play and splash, and probably yell and argue, as well.  Because that's what siblings do.  They love each other, and they annoy the crap out of each other.


I am posting tonight from the Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells.  We just returned from the indoor waterpark, and both my son and daughter are pretty exhausted.  My daughter is arguing with me right now, begging my for my laptop.  She says she has homework.  I think she has some hot game of Minecraft waiting for her.

It has been a really good day, aside from my surly teenage daughter.  The trip went fast, and we didn't get lost once.  Yes, my kids argued and yelled at each other a few times, but, as I said, that's what siblings do.  The love each other, and they annoy the crap out of each other.

Once upon a time, a sister and brother named Taylor and Taylor lived in the kingdom of Taylor.  (I'm a little bit tired, not feeling very imaginative.)  The Taylors decided one day to go visit their Aunt Taylor in the neighboring town of Taylor.

To get to Taylor, the brother and sister had to take Taylor Street to Taylor Court.  Then they turned left onto Taylor Way, which merged with U.S. Taylor.  They stayed on U. S. Taylor for almost 50 miles, and then they took Exit 4 to Taylor, where they drove to 1313 Taylor Lane, their Aunt Taylor's address.

They got out and knocked on their aunt's front door.  Nobody answered.  Their aunt was on vacation in Walt Disney World.

The Taylors went home.

Moral of the story:  always call ahead before you decide to visit somebody.

And Saint Marty lived happily ever after.

Sorry, peeps, my daughter's offline tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment