Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December 30: Next Book, Oscar Hijuelos, Mr. Ives

Well, in one day, I will be at the end of my year with Charlotte's Web.  Some five hundred plus posts about Charlotte and the gang.  I've enjoyed the journey quite a bit.  Learned a lot about friendship and sacrifice.

But, now, I have to choose 2015's book.  After much contemplation and deliberation, I have selected a fantastic novel by the late Oscar Hijuelos.  Mr. Hijuelos died in 2013 at the very young age of 62, and he wrote one of my favorite novels of all time:  Mr. Ives' Christmas.  It's a narrative about faith and depression, death and salvation.  In short, it's right up my alley.

Saint Marty is ready for a change.  (That's one of the few times he will admit to that.)

Get your copy now


VOTE FOR ME FOR U. P. POET LAUREATE (voting ends tomorrow, December 31):

U. P. Poet Laureate Voting 

No comments:

Post a Comment