Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 13: The Printing Business, Back to Work, Tired Beyond Belief

The older Mr. Ives, a widower who worked in the printing business, had never been able to provide [Ives] with more than the name of the foundling home.  Although he gave his son the strong faith that he had through much of his youth, he could not give him a history...

The older Mr. Ives is a kind man who sacrifices a lot for his kids.  He instills in them a strong work ethic and faith in God.  The older Mr. Ives is, simply, a good guy who loves his kids.

Today, I went back to work after being on vacation for a little over a week.  It was tough.  The day seemed to be moving in slow-motion.  I love the people with whom I work, but I loved being at home with my kids a whole lot more.  However, I am the main bread-winner of the household.  That means getting up at around 5 a.m., working all day and into the evening, and, sometimes, not getting home until close to 10 p.m.  I am tired beyond belief right now.

And I only see my six-year-old son for about 40 minutes a day.  In the morning, I get him breakfast, help him get dressed and brush his teeth, and then drop him off at the bus stop for school.  That's it.  When I get home, he's usually been asleep for a couple of hours.  I sometimes stand by his bed and listen to his sleeping breaths.

That's my winter semester.  Working, teaching, sleeping.  Repeat.  I have nothing witty to say.  My brain went to sleep about an hour ago, and my body isn't far behind.  I am going to say my prayers, and then I'm heading off to bed.

Saint Marty is going to need about two liters of Mountain Dew to keep himself moving tomorrow.

The breakfast of champions

No comments:

Post a Comment