Saturday, March 26, 2016

March 26: One More, Preparation and Practice, Billy Collins, "Oh, My God!"

Yes, this is my third post of the day.  I just reread this Billy Collins poem, and I couldn't resist using it this Easter weekend.  I mean, it's all about praising God, and we can never have enough of that.

My afternoon is going to be filled with preparation and practice.  I have band practice at 1 p.m.  I have solo practice around 4:30 p.m.  Somewhere in there, I have Easter eggs to dye with my kids and some Gregorian chant to practice. 

Saint Marty is going to be very happy tomorrow, at around noon, when all he has left to do is eat, which he plant to do a lot.  Praise God.

Oh, My God!

by:  Billy Collins

Not only in church
and nightly by their bedsides
do young girls pray these days.

Wherever they go,
prayer is woven into their talk
like a bright thread of aw.

Even at the pedestrian mall
outbursts of praise
spring unbidden from their glossy lips.

Insert ass joke here . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment