Wednesday, June 14, 2017

June 14: Do the Right Thing, Dorothy Parker, "Social Note"

I like to think that I am a decent person.  I always try to do the right thing, even if that thing is difficult.  That's the way wrongs can be righted, goodness can be spread, and peace can be achieved.  Everybody just needs to be decent.

For me, today, the right thing is caring for my wife and kids, cleaning my house, maybe reading a good book, and then working on a poem.  That will be my contribution to the world today.

Saint Marty will also spread a little laughter, thanks to Dorothy Parker.

Social Note

by:  Dorothy Parker

Lady, lady, should you meet
One whose ways are all discreet,
One who murmurs that his wife
Is the lodestar of his life,
One who keeps assuring you
That he never was untrue,
Never loved another one . . .
Lady, lady, better run!


No comments:

Post a Comment